PRAYERS AND HYMNS
Basically, a prayer, in a theistic Satanist sense, is a very simple, easy, and effective way to make a meaningful connection with Satan and his Legion. As copied from a rather unsavory book I read once, even a daily prayer will put you closer and more connected with the spirits you decide to pray to. A few things to bear in mind before going about crafting and then reciting a prayer, however:
- You might feel a presence in the room when you have successfully done a prayer.
- Some people debate about how long or short a proper prayer should be. But if you ask me, and if you can really pack a punch with your meaning, they can be as long or as little as you want! It's about the intent, basically.
- Craft your own prayers how you see fit, but remember to be respectful.
- Talk to whoever you're praying to from your heart and soul.
- Feel free to change it up once in a while if your prayers get too boring.
- From the book mentioned above, prayers should be short and sweet enough that you can do it in the morning when you wake up and before you slumber. However, like I said, you can worship however you need.
- Remember that you should be invoking, not evoking. Big difference. The first is more polite and the second is making whoever you mean to pray to do your bidding. Not cool!
IF DISTRACTED OR HAVING MUNDANE THOUGHTS DURING PRAYER
- Visualizing whoever you are praying to helps keep out those pesky thoughts.
- Another thing to remember when you are doing your prayer ritual is that it's okay for your mind to wonder occasionally. Just point your mind back to the direction of the prayer by focusing on the words you're saying, or something along those lines.
- Still not focused? That's fine. Just light your candles, ring the bell, and then say the beginning, purification part of your prayer. Once you have, simply just sit still and think. Inhale and exhale slowly. Relax! Think about whoever you're praying to. Do NOT rush through this process.
- Don't feel like you let whoever you're praying to down if you do not sense their presence straight away or that you weren't "in the mood" or something, as you can always try again the next day. Never give up completely!
Click here for a directory of my devotional prayers and hymns!